Listening to vinyl is a unique experience unlike any other. NAD’s C 556 Turntable accentuates this experience by producing a phenomenal sound that both grips and moves vinyl lovers everywhere. Building on past designs, the C 556 reduces speed variations thanks to a precision main bearing and low vibration motor. Employing NAD’s compression-molded Phenolic Resin platter, the C 556 releases every last nuance of energy present in your valued LP recordings. By diminishing the size and number of mechanical joints in the newly designed tonearm, energy-absorbing mass is kept at a minimum. Less mass allows the C 556’s tonearm to accurately track vinyl records and limit the amount of perceptible distortion. The included cartridge is aligned at the factory for perfect tracking and easy setup, resulting in a turntable that will have you falling in love with your vinyl collection all over again.
- The platter of the C 556 uses a special phenolic resin that is pressure molded to create the ideal properties of being both massive and inert.
- A precision synchronous clock motor keeps the platter spinning at exactly 33 1/3 RPM
- C 556 uses a hand-built arm featuring an alloy tube and precision bearings at the gimbal pivot.
- vibrations are carefully isolated from the platter by a synthetic rubber belt and from the base by rubber isolation mountings.
- Drive System: Belt drive
- Motor: High torque
- synchronous speed: 33.3 and 45.1rpm
- Suspension System: 3 energy absorbent synthetic rubber feet
- Operation: Manual
- Length: 289mm total length; 244 mm pivot to stylus
- Effective Mass: 9g
- Overhang: 19.1mm
- Cable capacitance: 150-400pF
- CARTRIDGE SPECIFICATIONS
- Output Voltage: 2.5mV at 1kHz
- Tracking Force Recommended: 2g-3g
- Cartridge Weight: 5g
- Replacement Stylus: User-replaceable
- WEIGHT & DIMENSIONS
- Gross Dimensions* (W x H x D)
(with dust cover down)447 x 115 x 360mm
17 3/8 x 4 9/16 x 14 3/16”**
- Net Weight: 4kg (8.8lb)
- Shipping Weight: 7kg (15.4lb)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov