Crafted in Japan using strict quality-control measures for exacting precision, and uniquely voiced by Spiral Groove founder Allen Perkins, UltraGold MC offers analog lovers everything they would expect — and more — from an audiophile moving-coil cartridge. Namely, exceptionally wide frequency response, clear high-frequency transients, stunning dynamics, and incredibly rich detail. True to MoFi's core principles, UltraGold MC goes further by providing true-to-the-source faithfulness, lifelike separation, surgical accuracy, and clean tracking.
NUDE SHIBATA STYLUS AND BORON CANTILEVER
UltraGold MC’s nude Shibata stylus and boron cantilever help account for the cartridge’s palpable low-end reproduction, high transient responsiveness, and robust midrange. The Shibata profile diamond is further chosen for playback marked by hear-it-to-believe-it depth, immersion, and fullness.
Threaded holes in UltraGold MC’s aluminum cartridge body permits the user to mount it on a headshell or integral tonearm with just two screws — no bolts or nuts needed. Analog setup doesn’t get any easier.
- Nude Shibata stylus and boron cantilever
- Neodymium magnet and permendur yoke
- Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting (PCOCC) coils
- Aluminum cartridge body with threaded inserts
- Precision-crafted in Japan
- Type: Dual Moving Coil Stereo
- Stylus: Shibata
- Output Voltage: 0.4mV
- Frequency Response: 20–35,000Hz
- Weight: 7.3g
- Tracking Force: 1.8–2.2g
- Recommended Load: ≥ 100 Ohm
- Static compliance : 40 x 10e-6/dyne
- Dynamic compliance : 10 x 10e-6/dyne
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov