Meridian has announced the introduction of its Explorer, a pocket-sized high-resolution asynchronous USB converter that delivers best-in-class sound from any computer. Featuring a range of connectivity, the Explorer can be used in a variety of applications from private headphone listening to full system playback.
Explorer replaces a computer’s sound card with a USB-powered DAC featuring Meridian’s award-winning resolution enhancement technologies, and makes any audio file, from MP3 to high resolution, sound its very best.
From its best-in-class audio performance to the elegant presentation packaging Explorer is the perfect introduction to the Meridian Experience, allowing users to discover more from their music.
AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY
- Includes USB DAC, preamp, and headphone amplifier
- Asynchronous USB Audio Class Compliant 2.0 HS 480Mb/s for best-in-class performance
- USB-powered; plugs into any computer with a USB port
- Highest resolution on the market (24-bit/192kHz)
- 6-layer circuit board with audiophile-grade components throughout
- 192kHz fixed & variable analog and 96kHz optical outputs
- Ultimate playback performance limited only by the source material – makes any file sound its best
- Compact, elegant and rugged metal enclosure
- Cable connection to avoid motherboard stress
- Hand made in the UK
- Fully portable, including carrying case & USB cable
- Inputs: USB mini type B
- Outputs: 3.5mm combination analog/digital jack with mini Toslink digital optical <96 kHz output and 2-ch analog line out, fixed 2v RMS. 3.5mm jack with variable-level headphone output, 130mW into 16Ω.
- Construction: extruded aluminum shell with moulded plastic endcaps and rubber foot.
- Power: USB, nominal 5V at <500mA.
- Indicators: Three white LEDs show connected state and audio stream rate.
- Implementation: USB audio class compliant 2.0 HS 480Mb/s bandwidth. Asynchronous device is the clock source for high quality. Firmware upgrade via USB. Windows drivers provided, no drivers required for Macintosh OS X or Linux. Analog volume control for headphone output, controlled from PC, control law modified to match connected OS. S/PDIF output downsamples 4x (192/176.4kHz) to 2x (96/88.2kHz).
- Dimensions: 4" (102 mm) x 1.25" (32 mm) x 0.7" (18 mm)
- Weight: 50g (1.76oz).
- OS Requirements:
- Macintosh OS X 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard) or later
- Windows XP SP3, Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8
- Linux kernel 2.6.37 or later and ALSA version 1.0.32 or greater
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
We want you to love every item you purchase from SKY by Gramophone. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return items that are complete and like-new for any reason within 60 days. You may choose an exchange or a refund for the full amount of the items you purchased*. Refunds must be issued to the same credit card, debit card, gift certificate, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
SKY by Gamophone is an authorized dealer for all products we carry, which means manufacturer warranties are valid on every product purchased from us.
*Restocking fees apply for furniture, as well as for products without original packaging, missing accessories, and not in new or like-new condition.
FREE U.S. SHIPPING