Director, aka Direct DAC, is a low-profile, high-quality audio DAC (digital to analog converter) designed to deliver superior audio quality from any digital source to your amplifier. It connects to your Windows or Macintosh computer via USB, or to virtually any digital source via optical or coax S/PDIF (Airport Express, network music player, TV streamer, CD player, etc.).
"The Director is the best USB DAC we’ve heard yet."
- Product Brochure
- Up to 24-bit, 192kHz digital-to-analog conversion
- Can connect to any analog Hi-Fi or audio system with its own volume control
- Power over USB connection, either from PC or from supplied power supply
- Push-button source selection for simple operation
Includes Meridian Upsampling and the Apodising technologies, which improve audio quality by cleaning up recording faults
- Extremely low modulation noise and distortion
- Incorporates high quality components, including audiophile-grade capacitors, resistors, and gold-plated phono sockets
- Handmade in the UK
- 1 x USB2 B socket for computer playback (24-bit, ≤192kHz)
- 1 x 3.5mm socket offering S/PDIF coax (3.5mm mono connector, (24-bit, ≤192kHz) or S/PDIF optical (3.5mm Mini-TOSLINK, 24-bit ≤96kHz))
- Outputs: 1 x analog stereo pair (gold-plated phono), 2v RMS fixed
- Controls and Indicators: 3 x sample rate LEDs: 44.1/48, 88.2/96, 176.4/192 kHz sampling 2 x input selection LEDs. Input selected with input pushbutton: S/PDIF, USB. Optical/coax digital selected automatically.
- Power: 5v <500mA DC via USB interface
- Dimensions: 3.15”w (80mm) x 5.47”d (139mm )x 1.34”h (34mm)
- Weight: 9 oz