McIntosh has a long and distinguished history with tuners. The MR78 from the early 1970s is considered by many to be one of—if not the best—tuners ever made. MR87 AM / FM tuner continues this legacy by allowing you to enjoy the multitude of free music streaming over the airwaves.
MR87 features proprietary radio-frequency (RF) circuitry to receive strong FM signals from nearby stations - something that can overload other tuners - without distortion while also receiving weaker FM signals located further away with little to no noise. The included RAA2 AM antenna features a 20-foot long cable that allows flexibility in placing the antenna in order to achieve the best AM reception. MR87's advanced signal quality monitor can display the multipath and noise levels of the incoming RF signal to help fine tune antenna placement for optimal reception.
AM and FM stations may be tuned using the smooth acting tuning knob and glass dial with illuminated pointer. Stations may be scanned with either the front panel controls or remotely from the included remote control. Both analog and digital outputs are included to connect the MR87 to your preamplifier or other system components.
MR87's classic black glass front panel, knobs, and brushed aluminum end caps are all housed in an attractive polished stainless steel chassis that delivers a timeless look. It can be paired with a variety of amplifiers, speakers, room correction devices, CD players, turntables, home theater processors, and other source components to make a complete home audio system.
- Bands: AM / FM
- Rated Output: 1Vms unbalanced; 2Vms balanced
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms unbalanced or balanced
- Standy Power Requirement: <0.5w
- Rear Panel Data Input: yes
- Rear Panel IR Sensor Input: yes
- Power Control Input: yes
- Power Control Output: yes
- RS232 Control Input: yes
- Digital Coaxial Output: 0.5V p-p / 75 ohm
- Digital Optical Output: -15dbm to -21dbm
- Sampling Frequency: 48kHz
- FM Tuning Range: 87.5MHz - 108.0MHz (Europe); 87.9MHz - 107.9MHz (USA); 76MHz - 90MHz (Japan)
- FM Channel Spacing: 50kHz, 100kHz or 200kHz
- FM Antenna Input: 75 ohms, type "F" Coax connector
- Dimensions: 6"h x 17 1/2"w x 18"d
- Weight: 25.5 lbs
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov