The Triton Series Tower Speakers are high-performance loudspeakers, with the top four models including a built-in powered subwoofer. All the Triton Towers are engineered for superb performance in both high quality two channel stereo systems as well as in multi-channel home theater and music systems. Their sleek, elegantly curved and tapered design is not only gorgeous but is important from a performance perspective as well. Performance-wise, the Triton Towers all deliver boxless three-dimensional imaging, which reviewers have hailed as "mystical", "magical" - and, best summed up by the dramatic, "had us believing that the entire surface of the front wall was covered with speakers.". Likewise, the powerful, deep subwoofer bass blends perfectly with the silky smooth, utterly transparent midrange and high frequencies, putting many dramatically more expensive speakers to shame.
The powered subwoofer sections in each Triton Reference, Triton One, Two+ and Three+ incorporate a high power GoldenEar digital amplifier. The amplifier’s DSP design not only yields extremely linear and low distortion response, but also dynamically controls operating parameters for optimum performance. The amp drives up to three front-mounted quadratic subwoofer bass drivers which are coupled to multiple side-mounted quadratic planar infrasonic bass radiators. The result is awe-inspiring bass, which delivers both musical subtlety as well as room-shaking authority. The advantages of building the subwoofers into the Tritons are many. First, of course, this eliminates the need for additional subwoofer boxes in the room. But more important are the performance advantages. By engineering the subwoofer as an integral part to the speaker, we get far superior integration and blending than can be achieved with separate subwoofers, even when using two. The two subwoofers in a pair of Tritons couple better to the air in the room, helping to better deal with the room's eigenmodes and smooth out response. Of course, the dual subwoofers are also intrinsically more powerful and couple together synergistically for more truly exceptional bass.
- Sold individually
- Sleek, 48" tall and newly updated to incorporate new technologies
- Fully balanced crossover design
- High-end film capacitors
- Redesigned midrange / upper bass drivers
- Frequency Response: 16Hz - 35kHz
- Efficiency: 91dB
- Nominal Impedance: Compatible w/8ohms
- Driver Complement: two 5" x 9" long-throw quadratic subwoofer bass drivers coupled to: two 7" x 10" quadratic planar infrasonic radiators; two 4 1/2" high-definition cast-basket MVPP™ upper-bass / mid drivers; one HVFR™ high-velocity folded ribbon tweeter
- Recommended amplification: 20 - 500watt / channel
- Built-in subwoofer power amplification: 1200watt ForceField Amplifier
- Dimensions: 48"h x 5 1/4"w front x 7 1/2"w rear x 15"d
- Base Dimensions:11 1/2"w x 18"d
- Weight: 60 lbs.
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov