The Aon 2 and 3 bookshelf speakers are exceptionally compact, ultra-high-performance speakers that were originally developed for use as nearfield monitors in professional mixing applications. The design goal was to produce modestly-sized shelf or stand-mountable bookshelf speakers that would achieve accurate high-definition sonic reproduction, with superb three-dimensional imaging, comparable to that achieved by GoldenEar’s award-winning Triton Two Towers. Although they don’t have quite the awe-inspiring bass of the floor-standing Tritons, great care has been taken, and extensive technology has been incorporated, to ensure that the Aons can deliver a remarkably satisfying listening experience without the need for a separate subwoofer.
Both Aon models incorporate GoldenEar-designed cast-basket bass/midrange drivers with technology derived from the midrange units developed for the Tritons. In addition, they both use the same extraordinary and costly High Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR™) high frequency radiator used in the Tritons. Lastly, each Aon model utilizes two side-mounted planar low-frequency radiators in a dynamically balanced configuration in order to properly load the bass/midrange drivers for an open, box-less midrange, while also contributing to the Aons’ remarkably extended bass for such small enclosures.
The Aons are of a truncated pyramidal construction, which results in significant performance advantages due to the non-parallel cabinet walls and the reduced baffle area around the tweeter. Aesthetically, the sleek, attractive pyramid-inspired shape combined with appealing design details including piano-gloss black end-caps, results in beautiful speakers that are both elegant and distinctive.
- Sold individually
- Ultra-compact, 12" tall
- Incorporates a 6" High-Definition, Multi-Vaned Phase Plug (MVPP™), cast-basket Mid-Bass Driver
- Two 6-1/2" Inertially-balanced side-mounted Low Frequency Radiators and the GoldenEar High-Velocity Folded Ribbon Tweeter
- Recommended Amplification: 10 - 200 watt / channel
- Driver Complement: One - 6˝ Cast-Basket Mid/Bass Driver; One - HVFR™ High-Velocity Folded Ribbon Tweeter; Two - 6-1/2˝ Side-Mounted Planar Low-Frequency Radiators
- Nominal Impedance: compatible w/ 8ohms
- Efficiency: 89dB
- Frequency Response: 42 Hz - 35 kHz
- Dimensions: 8˝ (20.3 cm) W x 10˝ (25.4 cm) D x 12˝ (30.5 cm) H
- Weight: 12 lbs.
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov