The Primus Maximus is a special, limited edition reference model of which, only 100 units will be handmade to order in Germany.
BUILT TO ORDER: 75 DAY LEAD TIME - NO RETURNS
This flagship model is a showpiece for the best technologies used throughout the history of the Dual company, refining them and carrying them forward into the 21st century.
These key Dual features include:
The twin gimbal tonearm, spring-loaded tracking force, and direct-drive
The overall result is an understated, high-tech turntable, providing a superb musical experience.
- Plinth: Aluminium / Solid MDF - Each unique unit is created individually and the plinth is finished with real wood veneers. The critical components, such as motor, platter, and arm are fixed to a 10mm thick aluminum base plate. The heavy top and base plates are connected to minimize vibration.
- Platter: Solid Aluminium - The heavy platter, weighing 2.7kg, is machined from a solid block of aluminum and refined with a blasted and eloxated surface finish. The platter weight is exactly matched to the motor regulation in order to reduce wow and flutter to an absolute minimum.
- Tonearm: Twin Gimbal Design / Spring loaded tracking force - The tonearm base and both gimbal elements are machined from solid aluminum. Precision pivot ball-bearings are used in conjunction with hardened steel spikes to ensure the tightest tolerances within the tonearm assembly over a long lifetime. The tracking force is independent of gravity and adjusted with a torsion spring.
- Drive: Direct-drive - The drive unit is engineered and made in Germany. Its regulation is specifically designed for high-end audio applications, placing emphasis on stability, with no quick start-up times nor high torque. These features are only important for DJ applications and not appropriate in such a high-quality system.
- Drive: Direct-drive Referenz
- Speed settings: 33/45/78
- Wow & Flutter: < ±0,04 % (DIN rated)
- Auto-Start/-Stop-Function: ✕
- Bearing: 4 x Pivot ball-bearing / twin gimbal mounting
- Effective length: 221 mm
- Offset Angle: 24°
- Overhang: 18,5 mm
- Type: dynamically balanced with damping
- Stylus Pressure Range: 0 g bis 3 g
- Cartridge Weight Range: 5 g bis 12 g
- Factory-installed pick up: Ortofon Quintet Bronze
- Material: Solid Aluminum
- Mat: Rubber 4,5 mm
- Bearing: Hardened steel spindle sintered metal housing
- Diameter: 304 mm
- Weight (incl. Mat) 2800 g
- Material: Solid MDF machined solid Alu baseplate
- Surface finish: Individual wood veneers personally selected
- Feet: Alu Ø 60 mm / Elastomer Height adjustable
- Connection: 5 pin Tonearmconnector on RCA cable
- Connection to Phono Input: ✓
- Connection to Line Input: ✕
- Digital Output: ✕
- Dimensions (closed dustcover): 450 x 370 x 155 mm
- Dimensions (open dustcover): D: 418 mm / H: 405 mm
- Weight: 15 kg
- Power plug AC / DC: External power supply