Definitive Technology created the A90 module as a dedicated height speaker designed specifically for the BP9060, BP9040, and BP9020 models so you can fully enjoy the Dolby Atmos ® or DTS:X ™ multi-dimensional sound experience within your home theater setup. The A90 easily connects and sits within the top of your BP9000 speakers to fire sound upwards, which is then reflected off the ceiling and back down to your viewing area.
- Dolby Atmos Elevation Speaker Module: Definitive Technology designed the A90 elevation module as a dedicated height speaker designed specifically for the BP9060, BP9040, and BP9020 models so you can fully enjoy a Dolby Atmos multi-dimensional sound experience within your home theater setup. The A90 easily connects and sits within the top of the BP9000 speaker to fire sound upwards, which is then reflected off the ceiling and back down to your viewing area.
- Compatibility: The Definitive Technology A90 Dolby Atmos elevation speaker module seamlessly integrates within the top of the following Definitive Technology BP9000 series tower speakers - BP9020, BP9040, & BP9060 (all sold separately). The A90 adds approximately 3.875" to the overall height of the BP 9000 series tower loudspeakers.
- Proprietary, Plug-In Connector: The Definitive Technology A90 is fitted with a proprietary male connector, which plugs into the proprietary female connector on top of the BP9000 series tower speakers. You will also need to run speaker wire from your Dolby Amos AV receiver's "Height" speaker outputs to your BP9000 series tower speaker's "Height" terminal inputs.
- Two-Way Driver Design: The Definitive Technology A90 Dolby Atmos elevation speaker module employs a two-way driver design with a 1" aluminum dome tweeter and a 4.5" midrange cone woofer. The speaker's crystal clear highs and detailed midrange bring the most demanding audio to life. Definitive Technology's tweeters play higher in frequency than what is heard by the human ear, creating an authentic reproduction of sound as the artist intends in the studio or concert hall.
- Sloped Speaker Baffle: The Definitive Technology A90 Dolby Atmos elevation speaker module utilizes a sloped speaker baffle and exclusive foam construction to provide richness and depth to the sound. The Dolby Atmos elevation speaker module fires sound upwards, reflecting it off the ceiling and back down to your viewing area in a tightly controlled dispersion pattern, damping the sound that remains.
- Resonance-Free Cabinet w/ Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Definitive Technology A90 uses a resonance-free cabinet w/ acoustically transparent grille for high performance sound. The speaker cabinet's maximum rigidity with strategically placed bracing improves imaging while reducing resonance, further reinforcing the speaker's clean and powerful sound.
- Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos, sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill the home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. Dolby Atmos is the first home theater system that is based not on channels, but on audio objects. Filmmakers using Dolby Atmos can decide exactly where those sounds should originate and precisely where they move as the scene develops. To deliver the full object-based soundtrack to home theaters, Dolby developed new home authoring tools and new encoding methods that allow all the audio objects created for the cinema to be used in home theater.
- What You Need: To experience Dolby Atmos using the Definitive Technology A90 elevation speaker module, you'll also need the following.
- A minimum of a 5.1ch speaker system with a pair of Definitive Technology BP9000 series tower speakers (BP9020, BP9040, or BP9060).
- A Dolby Atmos enabled AV receiver or pre-processor.
- A Blu-ray Disc player, compatible Blu-ray game console, or connected streaming player set to its PCM bit stream output option (must be connected via HDMI).
- Dolby Atmos encoded source material (Blu-ray disc, game disc, streaming content, etc.)
- Total Pieces 2
- Electronics Warranty 3 years
- Cabinet Warranty 5 years
- Drivers Warranty 5 years
- Original Purchaser Only Yes
- HEIGHT SPEAKER MODULE FOR DOLBY ATMOS/DTS:X
- Total Pieces Pair
- Availability US
- Height 3.75" (9.53 cm)
- Width 6" (15.24 cm)
- Depth 13" (33.02 cm)
- Weight 6 lbs (2.72 kg)
- Materials Aluminum
- Top Array Driver Complement • (1) 1" (2.54 cm) d (Round) Aluminum Dome - Tweeter
- • (1) 4.5" (11.43 cm) d (Round) - Midrange
- Total Frequency Response 86 Hz → 40,000 Hz
- Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
- Max Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter) 89.5 dB
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov