Immerse yourself in a new dimension of home theater sound that envelopes you in every detail. The BP9040 boasts integrated subwoofers, dual bass radiators, and our Forward Focused Bipolar Array (FFBA) to expand your room’s entire soundstage.
The BP9000 range offers the most cutting-edge audio technologies, including
Forward-Focused Bipolar array technology, integrated powered subwoofers,
Intelligent Bass Control™ and Dolby Atmos® and DTS: X™ compatibility. This
extraordinary speaker is truly state-of-the-art in both music and home theater
sound reproduction. We expect you will enjoy the full-range sonic signature of
- Tower Loudspeaker: The Definitive Technology BP9040 tower speaker is the answer for remarkable, immersive, room-filling sound so you can experience every detail of your home theater soundtrack. Its patented Forward Focused Bipolar Array (FFBP) will expand your room's entire soundstage for an enveloping sound. An aluminum dome tweeter, high-performance midrange/midbass drivers, and an integrated powered subwoofer with Intelligent Bass Control let you hear and feel every note as the artist intended.
- Forward-Focused Bipolar Array (FFBP): The Definitive Technology BP9040 tower speaker utilizes powerful, Forward-Focused Bipolar (FFBP) speaker array for wide and immersive sound dispersion. Forward Focused Bipolar (FFBP) Array offers the ultimate balance between room-filling sound and a precise center image, while giving you total placement flexibility. The FFBP array consists of a 1" aluminum dome tweeter and two 4.5" midrange/midbass cone woofers on the front and a single 1" aluminum dome tweeter and one 4.5" midrange driver on the back. By radiating sound both forward and rearward, the speaker produces sound as it is in real life, with improved pinpoint localization of soloists, greater placement flexibility, and superior intelligibility.
- Aluminum Dome Tweeters: The BP9040 tower loudspeaker features two 1" aluminum dome tweeters (one on front/one on back) for crystal clear highs that bring the most demanding audio soundtracks to life. The Definitive Technology tweeters are designed to play higher in frequency than what is heard by the human ear, creating an authentic reproduction of sound as the artist intends in the studio or concert hall.
- BDSS (2nd Gen) Drivers: The Definitive Technology BP9040 employs three 4.5" midrange/midbass cone woofers (two on front/one on back) with patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) technology (2nd generation). BDSS technology improves driver excursion which results in the selected driver producing bass output usually associated with a larger driver while retaining the improved dispersion and midrange definition of a smaller driver.
Integrated Powered Subwoofer: The BP9040 contains an integrated powered subwoofer that consists of a side-firing 8" woofer and 300W amplifier designed to extend the frequency response and dynamic range of the tower speaker. The best loudspeaker is one that reproduces balance between the highest highs down to the deepest lows as accurately as possible. The integrated powered subwoofer offers deeper, more impactful bass from the tower speaker without the need to add a separate powered sub.
The benefits of a built-in subwoofer include -
- Eliminates the need for a separate subwoofer that takes up additional floor space.
- More bass output from two subwoofers, compared to one.
- Two subwoofers reduce standing wave room resonances and dead zones.
- The subwoofers are perfectly integrated and blended with the mids and highs, eliminating the crossover and phase controls of a separate subwoofer.
- Intelligent Bass Control: Intelligent Bass Control is Definitive Technology's latest advancement that offers enhanced bass while maintaining overall mid-range tonal balance. Intelligent Bass Control gives you the ability to modulate deep bass up or down in level while simultaneously maintaining optimal mid-range clarity regardless of where the bass control is set. Simply rotate the dial on the back of the loudspeaker to your preferred bass setting and the speaker will do the rest. Definitive Technology recommends starting at the mid-point and then adjust to your preference from there.
- Dual Passive Radiators: Definitive Technology has paired its integrated powered subwoofer system with two opposite side-firing 8" passive radiators for even bigger, deeper, louder bass that you can hear and feel.
- Acoustically Transparent, Resonance-Free Cabinet: The Definitive Technology BP9040 uses a resonance-free, one-piece cabinet for high performance, distortion-free sound. The speaker cabinet's maximum rigidity with strategically placed bracing improves imaging while reducing resonance, further reinforcing the speaker's clean and powerful sound. The BP9040 loudspeaker's cabinet is wrapped in an acoustically transparent cloth grille for unaltered sound. Thanks to the speaker's acoustically transparent grille, you'll enjoy the subtle elegance of the speaker design without having to remove a speaker grille to enjoy natural, uncolored sound. On the top of the cabinet is a brushed aluminum, acoustically-treated magnetic plate that finishes off the speaker cabinet nicely.
- Speaker & Line Level Inputs: The Definitive Technology BP9040 tower loudspeaker is fitted with both speaker-level (binding post) and line-level (LFE/mono-RCA) inputs.
Binding Post Terminals
- Total Pieces 1
- Included Accessories
- (1) Removable Base
- (4) Carpet Spikes
- (4) Hard Floor Glides
- Optional Accessories • (1) A90 - High-Performance Height Speaker Module for Dolby Atmos/DTS:X - Sold Separate
- Electronics Warranty 3 years
- Cabinet Warranty 5 years
- Drivers Warranty 5 years
- Original Purchaser Only Yes
- Carton 1 43.78" (111.2 cm) h x 13.15" (33.4 cm) w x 18.42" (46.79 cm) d - 56 lbs (25.4 kg)
- FLOOR-STANDING SPEAKER
- Qty Included 1
- Availability US Internationally
- Height without Base 39" (99.06 cm)
- Width with Base 6" (15.24 cm)
- Depth without Base 13" (33.02 cm)
- Weight 36 lbs (16.33 kg)
- Height with Base 40.25" (102.24 cm)
- Width with Base 13" (33.02 cm)
- Depth with Base 11" (27.94 cm)
- Base Material Aircraft Grade Aluminum
- Leveling Mechanism Yes
- Materials Aluminum
- Front Array Driver Enclosure Type Acoustically Tuned Vent
- Front Array Driver Complement:
- (1) 1" (2.54 cm) d (Round) Aluminum Dome - Tweeter
- (2) 4.5" (11.43 cm) d (Round) - Midrange
- (2) 8" (20.32 cm) d (Round) - Bass Radiator
- (1) 8" (20.32 cm) d (Round) - Subwoofer
- Rear Array Driver Enclosure Type Acoustically Tuned Vent
- Top Array Driver Complement
- (1) 1" (2.54 cm) d (Round) Aluminum Dome - Tweeter
- (1) 4.5" (11.43 cm) d (Round) - Midrange
- Total Frequency Response 22 Hz → 40,000 Hz
- Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
- Max Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter) 92 dB
- Amplifier Class Class D
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov