A refined and elegant integrated amplifier with a long pedigree, the 6 DAC QXR is instantly impressive beyond its diminutive dimensions. Musically, it has been tuned and refined over decades to deliver outstanding precision, clarity and control of loudspeakers.
The 6DAC QXR has our new QXR digital card pre-installed, increasing the possible input resolution to 32bit/ 768k (DSD 512) through the USB connection. Using our QXR DAC, we have also introduced a new ‘reclocking’ process across all the digital inputs, to reduce jitter and lower the noise floor, as well as allowing a much shallower filter slope than ever before, virtually eliminating phase interference in the audible band (an approach only previously possible with noisy FPGA DAC solutions).
The 6 DAC QXR and its sibling the 82 DAC QXR are conceived to be the hubs to your entire audio system. The aim was usability, simplicity and refinement. Supplied with the full iR14 remote control unit, it’s possible to connect almost every analogue and digital source through this highly competent unit.
The bi-wire output of the 6 DAC QXR gives a full 57 Watts into 6 ohms. The power supply is a high current design that uses two transformers to completely separate the digital control stages from the sensitive audio signals – an approach usually reserved for pre/power combination amplifiers.
We use ESS-based silicon in the DAC, but with some very clever noise shaping and filter processing. QXR allows input resolutions up to 32bit/ 768k. We have also introduced a new ‘reclocking’ process across all the digital inputs. This substantially reduces jitter and lowers the noise floor, as well as allowing a much shallower filter slope than ever before. This process virtually eliminates phase interference in the audible band (an approach only previously possible with noisy FPGA DAC solutions).
- Integrated Amplifier: The bi-wire output of the 6 DAC QXR gives a full 57 Watts into 6 ohms. The power supply is a high current design that uses two transformers to completely separate the digital control stages from the sensitive audio signals.
- Built-in Hi-Res QXR DAC: The 6 DAC QXR has the high-performance QXR DAC
- built-in, bringing optical and coaxial inputs and an asynchronous USB connection allowing plug and play connectivity to a PC or Laptop. The QXR DAC is the latest in advanced design capable of handling 32bit/768k and DSD512 Hi-Res.
- Essential Connectivity: Five digital and six analog inputs, a high-quality headphone amplifier, Zone 2 and preamplifier outputs give the 6 DAC QXR flexibility for connecting a wide variety of audio devices.
- Advanced Setup:
- The microprocessor-controlled operating system in the 6 DAC QXR allows extensive programming of many functions within the unit. Input naming, differing display readouts and input volume matching across all sources are just some of the possibilities.
- *QXR upgrade card: The QXR card upgrade is the most significant improvement to Cyrus amplifiers in recent years. Bringing a world of the highest-resolution digital inputs to products up to a decade old. QXR works with numerous Cyrus products, not only improving the sonic performance through the addition of a 32bit/768k DAC and all-new asynchronous USB bridge but also substantially improving the performance of the headphone amplifier section of these integrated and preamplifiers.
- Stereo RCA analog – 1 pair fixed, 2 pairs variable
- BFA speaker – Yes
- Headphones – Yes
- MC-BUS – Yes
- Optical SPDIF – 2
- Coaxial SPDIF – 2
- USB B – 1
- Analog RCA Phono – 6 pairs
- FILE/SIGNAL COMPATIBILITY
- 24/192 resolution through optical/coaxial inputs, up to 32bit/768k, DSD-512 through USB
- POWER OUTPUT
- Watts into 6 Ohms – 57
- DIMENSIONS (MM)
- Height – 73
- Width – 215
- Depth – 360
- Weight (kg) – 5
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov