Room-filling, refined sound
With its larger bass/midrange unit, 706 S2 delivers a sound that feels fully formed and entirely true to life, with outstanding detail, spaciousness and musical insight into recordings.
With larger dimensions than its sibling 707 S2, this bookshelf/standmount speaker has the acoustic heft to satisfy the demands of bigger rooms.
Carbon Dome tweeters are purpose-built for the 700 Series. Delivering a dramatic improvement on the aluminum double dome tweeter, they raise the breakup threshold to 47kHz, for pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail.
Truly amazing sound
Voices and instruments are delivered with purity and precision, thanks to the smooth, accurate Continuum™ cone midrange driver.
*Stand/s not included
- Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
- Continuum™ cone bass / midrange
- Model: 706 S2
- Description: 2-way vented-box system
- Drive units:
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency
- 1x ø165mm (6.5 in) Continuum cone bass / midrange
- Frequency range: -6dB at 45Hz and 33kHz
- Frequency response: 50Hz - 28kHz ±3dB
- Sensitivity: 88dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion:
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 100Hz - 22kHz
- <0.5% 150Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 3.7Ω)
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W - 120W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Height: 340mm (13.4 in)
- Width: 200mm (7.8 in)
- Depth: 285mm (11.2 in) cabinet only 301mm (11.9 in) including grille and terminals
- Net weight: 8.0kg (17.7 lb)
- Cabinet finishes: Gloss Black, Satin White or Rosenut
- Grille finishes: Black, Grey (Satin White only)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov