Standmount performance, elevated
This uncompromising two-way speaker reveals subtle nuances in music others miss. Its high performance features include a solid body Tweeter-on-Top design borrowed from the 800 Series Diamond.
Experience the detail
The top-performing stand mount speaker in the range, 705 S2 features studio-inspired technologies, for immaculate sound quality.
A house for high frequencies
Milled from a solid block of aluminum, the solid body tweeter housing design creates an acoustically optimized housing for the tweeter – one that’s exceptionally inert and resistant to resonances.
Carbon Dome tweeters are a brand new technology purpose-built for the 700 Series. Delivering a dramatic improvement on the aluminum double dome tweeter, they raise the breakup threshold to 47kHz, for pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail.
Truly amazing sound
Voices and instruments are delivered with purity and precision, thanks to the smooth, accurate Continuum™ cone mid/bass driver.
*Stand/s not included
- Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
- Solid Body Tweeter-on-Top
- Continuum™ cone bass / midrange
- Model: 705 S2
- Description: 2-way vented-box system
- Drive units:
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency
- 1x ø165mm (6.5 in) Continuum cone bass / midrange
- Frequency range: -6dB at 45Hz and 33kHz
- Frequency response: 50Hz - 28kHz ±3dB
- Sensitivity: 88dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion:
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 100Hz - 22kHz
- <0.5% 150Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 3.7Ω)
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W - 120W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Height: 340mm (13.4 in) cabinet only 407mm (16 in) including tweeter
- Width: 200mm (7.8 in)
- Depth: 285mm (11.2 in) cabinet only
- 301mm (11.9 in) including grille and terminals
- Net weight: 9.3kg (20.5 lb)
- Cabinet finishes: Gloss Black, Satin White or Rosenut
- Grille finishes: Black, Grey (Satin White only)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov