The speaker cable model Type 4 was first introduced about 1983. It wasn’t the prettiest cable, but the performance advantage of its polypropylene insulation was dramatic and much appreciated. Several evolutionary steps later, the current version of Type 4 was introduced in 1995—a design whose foundation is so well balanced that it hasn’t changed since then—and still isn’t changing.
Types 9+DBS Low-Distortion & Low-Noise speaker cable is essentially Type 4 with better metal, added layers and techniques of Noise-Dissipation for more effective noise control and AQ's patented Dialectric-Bias System (DBS)
In addition, Type-9+DBS conductors are a little bigger than previous 4-series cables. The conductors are a little farther apart, reducing interaction between adjacent conductors by 35%.
Solid Perfect-Surface+ Sonic-Signature Conductors
Multi-Layer Carbon-Based Noise-Dissipation and Direction-Controlled Conductors
72V Dielectric-Bias System with Carbon Level Radio-Frequenecy Trap
- HIGH PURITY CONDUCTORS - Solid Perfect-Surface Copper+ (PSC+) - Solid Perfect-Surface Copper+ (PSC+) conductors prevent strand interaction, a major source of ear fatiguing transient intermodulation distortion. The astonishingly smooth and pure Perfect-Surface Copper+ eliminates harshness and greatly increases clarity compared to OFHC, OCC, 8N and other premium coppers. The superior purity of PSC+ further minimizes distortion caused by grain boundaries, which exist within any metal conductor. The astonishingly smooth and pure Perfect-Surface Copper further eliminates harshness and greatly increases clarity compared to OFHC, OCC, 8N and other premium coppers.
- Multi-Layer Carbon-Based Noise Dissipation - plus Direction-Controlled conductors and shielding significantly lower noise-floor and reduce amplifier Transient-Intermodulation Distortion (TIM).
- Solid Conductors - Eliminate harshness and confusion due to strand-interaction.
- 72v Dielectric-Bias System with CARBON-Level Radio-Frequency Trap (DBS)- All insulation is also a dielectric whose electrical properties affect the integrity of the signal. When the insulation is unbiased, dielectric-involvement (absorption and non-linear release of energy back into the signal flow) causes different amounts of time delay (phase shift) for different frequencies and energy levels, which is a significant problem for very time-sensitive multi-octave audio. AudioQuest’s multi-patented DBS creates a strong, stable electrostatic field which saturates and polarizes (organizes) the molecules of the insulation. This minimizes the nonlinear time delays, resulting in clearer sound emerging from a “blacker” background. The inclusion of an RF Trap (a technology developed for AudioQuest’s Niagara Series of power products) in the DBS battery pack further reduces radio-frequency noise. The DBS battery packs will last for many years. A test button and LED allow for the occasional battery check.
- Star-Quad Geometry - Balanced Star-Quad Geometry reduces time-smearing while preserving dynamics, and clarity.
- Featuring a black & red braid, terminated with SureGrip 1000 connectors
- 72V Dielectric-Bias System for black backgrounds and reduced noise
- 100% Solid Perfect-Surface Copper+ for optimized smooth, natural sound
- Superior Noise-Dissipation using Multiple Carbon Layers plus Direction-Controlled conductors and shielding—significantly lowering the noise floor and reducing Transient Intermodulation Distortion (TIM)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov