AudioQuest is proud to introduce our Niagara 7000 Low-Z Power Noise-Dissipation System, a complete rethinking of AC power filtration, designed by one of the field’s foremost experts, Garth Powell. As with every AQ product before, and more recently our DragonFly USB DAC and NightHawk headphones, we would not have entered this field if we didn’t think we had something special and significant to offer. In Niagara 7000, we believe we’ve created a product that revolutionizes the art and science of AC power—a product that will inspire audio/video enthusiasts and help to create an even more immersive, emotionally compelling experience.
The Niagara 7000 affords extremely low system noise and provides superior current delivery across a very wide range of frequencies.
Through differential sample tests and spectrum analysis, it can be proven that up to a third of a high-resolution (low-level) audio signal can be lost, masked, or highly distorted by the vast levels of noise riding along the AC power lines that feed our components. This noise couples with the signal circuitry as current noise and through AC ground, permanently distorting and/or masking the source signal. Our systems’ sensitive components need better alternating current.
While there currently exist a number of AC power conditioners, isolation transformers, regeneration amplifiers, and battery backup system topologies, Niagara 7000 takes a holistic, science-based approach to AC power technology and represents a comprehensive solution to the ever-increasing noise that plagues our power lines.
In the Niagara 7000, you’ll find optimized radio-frequency lead directionality, run-in capacitor forming technologies developed by Jet Propulsion Laboratories and NASA, and AC inlet and outlet contacts with heavy silver plating over extreme-purity copper assuring the tightest grip possible.
The Niagara 7000 uses our patented AC Ground-Noise Dissipation, the world’s first Dielectric-Biased AC Isolation Transformers, and the widest bandwidth-linearized noise-dissipation circuit in the industry. Our unique passive/active Transient Power Correction Circuit features an instantaneous current reservoir of over 90 amps peak, specifically designed for today’s current-starved power amplifiers. Most AC power products featuring “high-current outlets” merely minimize current compression; the Niagara 7000 corrects it.
With an AudioQuest Niagara 7000, music lovers can finally experience the clarity, dimensionality, frequency extension, dynamic contrast, and grip their A/V systems have been capable of delivering—if only the power had been right!
Dielectric-Biased AC Isolation Transformers: AQ’s patented technology greatly reduces non-linear distortions that have previously plagued even the finest magnetic-based systems, all the while increasing the bandwidth and efficiency of the transformers’ noise dissipation.
Transient Power Correction: Provides over 80 amps peak instantaneous current reservoir with reduced line impedance for current-starved power amplifiers, whether they incorporate linear or switching power supplies.
Ground Noise-Dissipation System: AQ’s patented technology vastly reduces ground-borne noise without compromising safety or creating low-level ground loops.
Ultra-Linear Noise-Dissipation Technology: Ensures the most consistent and widest bandwidth noise dissipation possible, without the inconsistent results that typify minimalist, multi-node resonant peaking found in many AC power conditioners.
- Ultra Low-Z NRG Series AC Power Inlets and Outlets: These inlets and outlets not only feature a lower resistance grip (utilizing the superior spring tension of Beryllium Copper base metal), but they also include a heavy Hanging-Silver plating to ensure the lowest impedance at radio frequencies, enabling superior noise dissipation.
- Surge Suppression: Non-sacrificial (nothing to damage with repeated 6000V/3000A input surge tests, which is the maximum that can survive through a building’s AC electrical panel)
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown Voltage:270VAC (will activate the main high-current relay to open within less than 0.25 seconds; automatically resets once the incoming power is within a safe range)
- Common-Mode Noise Dissipation: In excess of 30dB from 60Hz to 100MHz, linearized for dynamic (rising) line impedance with frequency (source) and 10 to 50-ohm load, system current dependent.
- Transverse-Mode Noise Dissipation: In excess of 24dB from 3kHz to 1GHz, linearized for dynamic (rising) line impedance with frequency (source) and 10 to 50-ohm load, system current dependent.
- Input Current Maximum Capacity:16 amps RMS (total).
- Ultra-Linear Dielectric-Biased Symmetrical Power AC Outlet Banks:4 (two 100% isolated groups total). Group one is AC Bank 5/6 and group two is Bank 3/4 (3 amps RMS total per group, maximum output current capacity).
- A number of AC Outlets: 12 (4 High Current/Transient Power Correction; 8 Ultra-Linear/Dielectric-Biased Symmetrical Power).
- Power Consumption: Typically, less than 0.20 amps at 230VAC input, or with the power correction switched to the Standby setting. (This is dependent on a reactive vector load. For more info, see “Operation and Continuous Use: Rear-Panel Power Correction Switch – Niagara 7000AP current draw.”)
- Dimensions:445mm W x 133mm H x 437mm D (3-RU rack-mounting ears, optional)
- Weight:38 kg.
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov