Bookshelf speakers offer the flexibility to fit in tight spaces, but they typically don’t have the same huge sound as floorstanders. Not so with HDP6. These passive speakers are based on the same size and signature sound as HDP6 powered speakers, so you’ll be delighted to hear the full soundstage. Beautiful and versatile, place them in an out-of-the-way nook in your living room, mount them in your home theater, or place them on stands in your den. Their performance will impress you, and HDP6 has the look and feel of old-school elegance.
- Wall or ceiling mount
- Proprietary Audioengine 5.5" woofers with solid diecast aluminum foundation. Their advanced underhung voice coils drive the motors, and are appointed with flared Kevlar® cones and supple butyl rubber surrounds, which dissipate unwanted cone resonances.
- Ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeters are driven with neodymium magnets. These tweeters hold up well under high power and give a very smooth response thanks to their edge-driven design.
- Heavy-duty 3/4" MDF is used throughout the construction of Audioengine's rigid braced cabinets. They’re engineered with the proper stiffness, mass and dampness to clearly and accurately reproduce sound.
- Beautiful furniture-grade hardwood veneers with sleek aluminum trim accents, available in walnut and cherry. Or choose a satin black automotive finish. Magnetic grilles included.
- Innovative slotted rear bass venting ports eliminate wave turbulence, easily transitioning the low frequency energy from the speaker cabinet into your room. With this design, HDP6 delivers smooth, natural and surprisingly deep bass from such a small speaker.
- Works with:
- Digital hybrid amplifiers (class-D, class-T, etc.)
- Stereo and surround sound receivers, integrated amps, tube amplifiers
- Whole-house music systems such as the Sonos ZonePlayer 120
- What's in the Box:
- HDP6 passive speakers (2)
- Drawstring cloth speaker bags (2)
- High-density foam isolation pads (attached) (2)
- Setup Guide
- Product line brochure
- Type: 2-way passive, rear-ported design
- Sensitivity: 88dB (2.83v@1m)
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-22kHz ±1.5dB
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 2.8 kHz
- Amplifier Power: 10 - 150w per channel
- Drivers: 5.5" Kevlar woofers 1" silk dome tweeters
- Enclosure: 3/4” thick MDF cabinets
- Inputs: Gold-plated, 5-way binding posts
- Dimensions (each): 11.75”h x 7.25”w x 10"d
- Weight (each): 12.5 lbs