The ATH-DSR9BT over-ear wireless headphones employ Audio-Technica’s new Pure Digital Drive system, which allows the headphones to operate without a sound-degrading D/A converter that conventional wireless headphones rely upon. Instead, the ATH-DSR9BT utilizes Trigence Semiconductor’s Dnote chipset to receive the digital audio signal from a Bluetooth wireless transmission, process and transfer it to the driver where the digital pulses of the chipset move the voice coil and diaphragm forward and backward to create the sound waves heard by the listener.
The Pure Digital Drive system likewise depends on a re-engineered 45 mm True Motion Driver, which features a lightweight diaphragm with DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating for superlative fidelity and extended 5 Hz – 45,000 Hz frequency response. The driver’s 4-core twisted OFC-7N voice coil provides precise control of the diaphragm displacement, and an acoustic resistor controls the airflow in front of and behind the diaphragm to ensure smooth, natural audio reproduction across the entire frequency range. The entire driver assembly is housed within a layered aluminum structure that minimizes unwanted resonance and isolates the electric circuitry from the housing’s acoustic space, resulting in optimal phase and transient response.
The Pure Digital Drive system also enables the ATH-DSR9BT to overcome the sonic limitations of conventional Bluetooth wireless transmissions by supporting the 24-bit/48kHz Qualcomm® aptX™ HD codec. (aptX, AAC and SBC codecs are also supported.) The headphones can reproduce Hi-Res Audio when connected to a computer or other digital playback device via the included 2.0 m (6.6') USB cable.
The ATH-DSR9BT is equipped with a microphone, volume control and simple tap control for answering / ending calls and playing / pausing music on a smartphone or other device. Three LED indicators allow you to easily monitor pairing and charging status, battery level, and the codec currently in use. The headphones’ internal lithium polymer battery provides approximately 15 hours of continuous use (up to 1000 hours in standby mode) and can be recharged using the included USB cable.
AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY
- Exclusive Pure Digital Drive system keeps audio signal completely digital from source to driver for exceptionally pure sound
- Dnote chipset controls driver amplitude directly w/ digital signals - no D / A converter required
- Compatible w/ Qualcomm aptX HD, aptX, AAC, and SBC codecs, enabling wireless transmission w/ a resolution up to 24-bit / 48kHz
- Exclusive 45 mm True Motion Driver, featuring 4-core twisted OFC-7N voice coil and diaphragm w/ DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating, extremely accurate audio reproduction w/ extended high frequencies
- Housing's dual-layer isolation structure keeps the electric circuitry separate from the acoustic space for optimal phase and transient response
- Acousting resistor controls airflow inside the diaphragm housing yielding more natural sound
- Mic and volume / control switch are built into the earcup for convenient control of smartphones and other bluetooth wireless devices
- NFC (Near Field Communication) functionality enables touch pairing w/ NFC-compatible Bluetooth® wireless devices
- Remembers the last eight Bluetooth wireless devices paired
- LED indicators in the earcup display pairing and charging status, battery level, and the codec currently in use
- Heat-reactive soft foam earpads and an easily adjustable leather headband provide a comfortable fit w/ outstanding sound isolation
- Internal battery provides approximately 15 hours of continuous use (1000 hours on standby) on a full charge
- Includes a 6.6" USB cable for charging and hi-res audio playback and hard carrying case
- Type: dynamic
- Driver Diameter: 45 mm
- Voice Coil: OFC-7N
- Frequency Response: 5 - 45,000Hz
- Sensitivity: 97dB / mW
- Impedance: 38ohms
- Battery: internal battery: 3.7V rechargeable lithium polymer battery
- Battery Life: approx. 15 hours continuous use; charging time: approx. 5 hours; depending on environmental conditions
- Weight: 10.9 oz without cable
- Accessories Included: 6.6" USB charging cable and hard carrying case
- Microphone Type: condenser
- Microphone Sensitivity: -44dB
- Microphone Frequency Response: 50 - 4,000Hz
- Microphone Polar Pattern: omnidirectional
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
We want you to love every item you purchase from SKY by Gramophone. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return items that are complete and like-new for any reason within 60 days. You may choose an exchange or a refund for the full amount of the items you purchased*. Refunds must be issued to the same credit card, debit card, gift certificate, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
SKY by Gamophone is an authorized dealer for all products we carry, which means manufacturer warranties are valid on every product purchased from us.
*Restocking fees apply for furniture, as well as for products without original packaging, missing accessories, and not in new or like-new condition.
FREE U.S. SHIPPING
~ Shipping fees are factored into all furniture prices ~