To complement the NEW AVM 60 AV processor, Anthem introduces the new MCA 525, 325, and 225 power amplifiers. Available in 5-, 3- and 2-channel configurations, these new MCA amplifiers feature more robust and efficient power and heavy-duty reliability. The new MCA Series delivers lower THD (total harmonic distortion) for more clean, pure sound and lower noise for a supremely quiet background.
Like all Anthem products, MCA 525, MCA 325, and MCA 225, designed and Crafted in Canada, are like no other amplifiers in the world: custom low noise high-power toroidal transformers; high-current bipolar output transistors; high-quality filter capacitors; advanced power supply regulators; oversized aluminum heatsinks; custom-designed dual binding posts; and patented auto-on/off circuitry. Superior craftsmanship that is reflected in clean, clear, audiophile-quality sound from top to bottom of the frequency spectrum.
- Delivers lower THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) for cleaner, pure sound and lower noise
- Completely redesigned for improved audio performance and reliability
- Higher current output for lower distortion
- Cosmetic match for AVM 60 A/V Preamplifier-Processor
- Improved Advanced Load Monitoring system
- 8 bipolar output devices per channel for less stress on each device
- Less than 2 watts standby power consumption
- Crafted in Canada
- INPUTS / OUTPUTS:
- Inputs: Single-Ended, Balanced, Relay Trigger (3.5-mm Mono Jack)
- Outputs: Speaker Binding Posts, Relay Trigger (3.5-mm Mono Jack)
- Impedance: 8ohms 225W; 4ohms 400W; 2ohms 600W
- Front Panel: Power (On/Off)
- Rear Panel: 3 On/Off Modes (Trigger, Manual, Auto)
- THD AT 100W:
- at 1kHz: 0.0010%
- at 20kHz: 0.15%
- IMD AT 100W:
- ITU-R (19 kHz + 20kHz): 0.0005%
- SMPTE (60 Hz + 7kHz): 0.002%
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE, 20HZ TO 20KHZ:
- open circuit: ± 0.1 dB
- 8Ω: ± 0.1dB
- 4Ω: ± 0.1dB
- 2Ω: ± 0.2dB
- OTHER SPECIFICATIONS:
- SNR, IEC-A, ref. 225W: 120 dB
- Power Bandwidth, -3 dB at 200 W into 8 ohms: 90 kHz
- Slew Rate: 30 V/μs
- Damping Factor, 20 Hz to 1 kHz: 300
- Channel Separation, 100 Hz to 10 kHz: >65 dB
- Input Impedance (RCA / XLR): 10kΩ / 15kΩ
- Input Sensitivity, 225 W into 8 Ω: 1.5 Vrms
- Voltage Gain: 29dB
- POWER CONSUMPTION:
- standby idle typical high output
- MCA 525: standby 2.0W; idle 80W; typical 550W; high output 1200W
- MCA 325: standby 1.4W; idle 47W; typical 350W; high output 750W
- MCA 225: standby 1.0W; idle 35W; typical 240W; high output 500W
- Height: 6-5/8"
- Height with Rackmount Kit: 4U
- Width: 17-1/4"
- Depth: 18-1/8"
- MCA 525: 61 lb
- MCA 325: 43 lb
- MCA 225: 40 lb
- POWER REQUIREMENT:
- 120V version: In countries where the line voltage is 120V, this product operates from a single phase AC power source that supplies between 108V and 132V at a frequency of 60Hz.
- 220-240V version: In countries where the line voltage is 220, 230, or 240 V, this product operates from a single phase AC power source that supplies between 198V and 264V at a frequency of 50Hz.
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov