Anthem's MCA 225 power amplifier does well to complement the AVM 60 AV Processor. MCA 225 features more robust and efficient power and heavy-duty reliability. It delivers lower total harmonic distortion for more clean, pure sound and lower noise for a supremely quiet background.
Like all Anthem products, MCA 225 is like no other amplifier in the world: custom low noise high-power toroidal transformers high-current bipolar output transistors, high-quality filter capacitors, advanced power supply regulators, oversized aluminum heatsinks, custom-designed dual binding posts, and patented auto-on/off circuitry. Superior craftsmanship is reflected in clean, clear, audiophile-quality sound from top to bottom of the frequency spectrum.
- Delivers lower THD for cleaner, pure sound and lower noise
- Completely redesigned for improved audio performance and reliability
- Higher current output for lower distortion
- Cosmetic match for AVM 60 AV preamplifier-processor
- Improved advanced load monitoring system
- 8 bipolar output devices per channel for less stress on each device
- Less than 2 watts standby power consumption
- Power Output: Impedance:
- 8Ω: 225W
- 4Ω: 400W
- 2Ω: 600W
Inputs: Single-ended, balanced, relay trigger (3.5-mm mono jack)
- Outputs: Speaker binding posts, relay trigger (3.5-mm mono jack)
Front Panel: Power switch (On / off)
- Rear Panel: 3 on / off modes (Trigger, manual, auto)
- THD at 100W:
- At 1kHz: 0.0010%
- At 20kHz: 0.015%
- IMD at 100 W:
- ITU-R (19kHz + 20kHz): 0.0005%
- SMPTE (60Hz + 7kHz): 0.002%
- Frequency Response, 20HZ TO 20KHZ:
- Open Circuit ± 0.1dB
- 8Ω: ± 0.1dB
- 4Ω: ± 0.1dB
- 2Ω: ± 0.2dB
SNR, IEC-A, ref. 225W: 120dB
Power Bandwidth, -3dB at 200W into 8ohms: 90kHz
Slew Rate: 30 V/μs
Damping Factor, 20Hz to 1kHz: 300
Channel Separation, 100Hz to 10kHz: >65 dB
Input Impedance (RCA / XLR): 10kΩ / 15kΩ
Input Sensitivity, 225W into 8Ω: 1.5Vrms
Voltage Gain: 29dB
- Standby: 1.0W
- Idle: 35W
- Typical: 240W
- Hight Output: 500W
Weight: 40 lbs
- Dimensions: 6 5/8"h x 17 1/4"w x 18 1/8"d
- Power Requirement:
- 120V Version: In countries where the line voltage is 120V, this product operates from a single phase AC power source that supplies between 108V and 132V at a frequency of 60Hz.
- 220-240V Version: In countries where the line voltage is 220, 230, or 240V, this product operates from a single phase AC power source that supplies between 198V and 264V at a frequency of 50Hz.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
We want you to love every item you purchase from SKY by Gramophone. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return items that are complete and like-new for any reason within 60 days. You may choose an exchange or a refund for the full amount of the items you purchased*. Refunds must be issued to the same credit card, debit card, gift certificate, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
SKY by Gramophone is an authorized dealer for all products we carry, which means manufacturer warranties are valid on every product purchased from us.
In the unlikely event a television arrives damaged, we require notification of damages within 24 hours of receipt of the unit.
*Restocking fees apply for furniture and televisions, as well as for products without original packaging, missing accessories, and not in new or like-new condition.