Like its larger and even more powerful siblings, the A2 amplifier is muscular in character and musical by nature. It is a multi-talented performer more than capable of supplying the power behind the sonically demanding aspects of surround-sound home theater, or recreating, with remarkable finesse and transparency, the ‘immediacy’ of a live music performance. The secret behind A2's award-winning performance can be found in Anthem’s unwavering commitment to state-of-the-art design.
The A2 amplifier boasts completely modular construction, a four-layer circuit board topology, mirror-imaged frequency-response channel matching, eight bipolar output devices per channel, hand-matched complementary input devices, massive toroidal power supplies, oversize convection-cooled aluminum heatsinks, and a no-fuse design strategy.
- "No Fuse" Design
- Massive Oversize Power Supply Reservoirs
- Hand-Matched Complementary Input Devices
- Oversize Convection-Cooled Heatsinks/Fins
- Eight Bipolar Output Devices Per Channel
- State-of-the-Art Modular Design
- Four-Layer Circuit Boards
- 120 dB Signal-To-Noise Ratio
- Three Power On/Off Options
- Reference-Quality Input Connections
- Ultra-Quiet Toroidal Power Supply
- Designed and Built in North America
- Oversize Output Connections
- Inputs: 2 single-ended, 2 balanced, 1 relay trigger (3.5 mm mono jack)
- Outputs: 2 pairs speaker binding posts, 1 relay trigger (3.5 mm mono jack)
- THD+N: (200 W into 8 Ω) 0.001% at 1 kHz, 0.03% at 20 kHz
- IMD: 0.0005% (CCIF, 225 W into 8 Ω)
Power Bandwidth: 10 Hz to 100 kHz
(+0 -3 dB, 225 W into 8 Ω)
Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0 -0.15 dB),
5 Hz to 100 kHz (+0 -2 dB)
- Input Sensitivity: 1.5 Vrms in for 225 W out into 8 Ω
Input Impedance:10 kΩ (RCA), 15 kΩ (XLR)
Damping Factor: 360 at 1 kHz (ref. 8 Ω)
S/N Ratio: 120 dB, A-weighted (ref. 225 W)
Crosstalk: -78 dB at 1 kHz
- Voltage Gain: 29 dB
- Slew Rate: 30 V/µs
Front Panel: Power switch (On / off)
- Rear Panel: On / off modes (Trigger, manual, auto), inputs (RCA, XLR)
Power Output: Impedance:
- 1 Channel: 225 W
- All Channels: 200 W
- 1 Channel: 370 W
- All Channels: 300 W
- 1 Channel: 535 W
- All Channels: 410 W
- Power Requirements:
- Supply Voltage:105 to 130 V, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 800 W
- Dimensions: 7.62"h x 19.25"w x 13.5"d
- Weight: 34 lbs
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
We want you to love every item you purchase from SKY by Gramophone. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return items that are complete and like-new for any reason within 60 days. You may choose an exchange or a refund for the full amount of the items you purchased*. Refunds must be issued to the same credit card, debit card, gift certificate, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
SKY by Gramophone is an authorized dealer for all products we carry, which means manufacturer warranties are valid on every product purchased from us.
In the unlikely event a television arrives damaged, we require notification of damages within 24 hours of receipt of the unit.
*Restocking fees apply for furniture and televisions, as well as for products without original packaging, missing accessories, and not in new or like-new condition.