The interaction between record and platter can be tracked very easily by the super-sensitivity of a good pick-up cartridge. To ensure smooth contact between the record and platter, you'll want to use a record mat.
Felt mats provide a smooth contact between record and platter but can introduce static. In addition, felt mats often collect a lot of dust, which can then be transferred to the record.
Thick rubber mats overdamp the record and have an isolation effect, which leaves the static on the record. Audible noise clicks are the result.
Cork is a cost-effective way to improve the sound and reduce noise caused by static and dust.
- Improves sound quality playback due to cork's dampening qualities
- Lessens / helps eliminate static electricity on your records
- Lessens platter vibrations
- Grips records better than standard felt mats
- Works with all turntables (works best on metal platters)
- NOTE: not recommended for DJ use
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov