The Lumina collection by Sonus faber presents an exciting change, new to the typical Sonus faber product design portfolio but still able to embody the history and values of the brand. “Simplicity” is central to the collection’s identity that aims to reach a wide audience and to deliver a luxury music experience in all Sonus faber homes, which is facilitated through our longstanding tradition of refined materials and careful craftsmanship.
LUXURY, MINIMALIST, NATURAL
The simple and squared design of the Lumina models was chosen to emphasize the quality of materials used. This principal of minimalism directly captures the essence of the product, thoughtfully designed in conjunction with the theory that “less is more”.
A COMPLETE HOME CINEMA SYSTEM TO ENJOY YOUR TIME
The Lumina Collection is obviously perfect for stereo listening. If you’re looking to get more out of your system, Lumina is also an ideal protagonist for a multi-channel system. Providing more emphasis and substance to action scenes, dialogues and soundtracks, Lumina perfectly pairs with the Gravis subwoofer models, which feature matching finishes and materials. Lumina and Gravis combine to create a 5.1 Home Theater system that offers a rich, articulated sound that provides possibilities for growth and modification tailored to your space and listening needs.
- LUTE SHAPE MID-HI INTERNAL CHAMBER: The combination of a 29mm silk dome tweeter with the DAD™ (Damped Apex Dome) technology and a 5’’ midrange with a special natural fiber and a paper blend diaphragm is unchanged.The new design solution of the Lumina V is the internal mid-high volume that is designed with the iconic lute shape, main characteristic for Sonus faber speakers.This feature is able to maximize the structural rigidity and the acoustic performance of the midrange and simultaneously reduce standing waves within the acoustic load volume. The internal structure increases the structural rigidity of the mid-hi inner enclosure and contributes to the midrange frequency response becoming more natural, especially in the frequency range typical of the human voices.
- WOOFER: The diaphragm of the two 6,5’’ woofers developed for Lumina V is based on the sandwich construction technique: two external layers of cellulose pulp and other natural fibers are combined with a layer of hi-tech syntactic foam in between, guaranteeing a natural sound reproduction.
- THE MULTILAYER WOOD FRONT BAFFLE: Among the materials selected for this line what stands out is the Lumina’s multilayer wood of the front baffle and the real wood veneer, available in iconic premium finishes including walnut and wenge, both in matte finish with maple inlays, with a third option available in piano black. All other surfaces of the cabinet are hand covered in our iconic black leather.
- REFLEX PORT:The reflex port gives additional versatility for the models’ range: on the two floor standers it’s placed on the base, down firing. Thanks to this solution, Lumina III and Lumina V speakers are significantly less sensitive to their placement, allowing sound excellence even when placed close to a backwall. They can be placed wherever you want always enjoying a great performance and listening experience.
- SYSTEM: 3-way floorstanding loudspeaker system. Vented box design.
- Tw: Ø 29mm high definition DAD™ driver
- Md: Ø 150mm paper cone driver
- W: Ø 2x165mm cone drivers. Sandwich diaphragm structure
- CROSSOVER: Optimized amplitude/phase response for optimal space/time performance “Hybrid IFF-Paracross solution”. Crossover frequencies: 260 and 2600 Hz.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 38 Hz – 24.000 Hz
- SENSITIVITY: 89 dB SPL (2.83V/1m)
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 4 ohm
- SUGGESTED AMPLIFIER POWER OUTPUT: 50W – 300W, undistorted signal
- DIMENSIONS (HXWXD): 1049 x 280 x 372,6 mm (4,13 x 11 x 14,7 in)
- WEIGHT: 22,5 Kg (49,6 lb)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov