The Lumina collection by Sonus faber presents an exciting change, new to the typical Sonus faber product design portfolio but still able to embody the history and values of the brand. “Simplicity” is central to the collection’s identity that aims to reach a wide audience and to deliver a luxury music experience in all Sonus faber homes, which is facilitated through our longstanding tradition of refined materials and careful craftsmanship.
LUXURY, MINIMALIST, NATURAL
The simple and squared design of the Lumina models was chosen to emphasize the quality of materials used. This principal of minimalism directly captures the essence of the product, thoughtfully designed in conjunction with the theory that “less is more”.
- TWEETER: The iconic D.A.D. (Damped Apex Dome™) tweeter, the same used in the Sonetto series, features a Kurtmueller hand coated soft silk diaphragm of 29mm.
- THE MULTILAYER WOOD FRONT BAFFLE: Among the materials selected for this line what stands out is the Lumina’s multilayer wood of the front baffle and the real wood veneer, available in iconic premium finishes including walnut and wenge, both in matte finish with maple inlays, with a third option available in piano black. All other surfaces of the cabinet are hand covered in our iconic black leather.
- MIDWOOFER: The brand-new 4’’ midwoofer, developed for this collection, is equipped with the custom-made basket and the diaphragm based on cellulose pulp blended with other natural fibers.
- REFLEX PORT: The reflex port gives additional versatility for the models’ range: on the bookshelf and center channel speakers it’s placed on the frontside. Thanks to this solution, Lumina I speaker is significantly less sensitive to its placement, allowing sound excellence even when placed close to a backwall. It can be placed wherever you want always enjoying a great performance and listening experience.
- SYSTEM: 2-way shelf loudspeaker system. Vented box design
- Tw: Ø 29 mm high definition DAD™ driver
- Mw: Ø 120 mm paper cone driver
- CROSSOVER: Optimized amplitude/phase response for optimal space/time performance. Crossover frequency: 2000 Hz.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 65 Hz - 24.000 Hz
- SENSITIVITY: 84 dB SPL (2.83V/1m)
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 4 ohm
- SUGGESTED AMPLIFIER POWER OUTPUT: 30W – 100W, undistorted signal
- DIMENSIONS (HXWXD): 280 x 148 x 213 mm (11 x 5.8 x 8.4 in)
- WEIGHT: 4.4 Kg each (9.7 lb each)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov