The BEAN® amplifies sounds and enhances your hearing experience so your conversations become more effective in the car, in social situations, and at a distance. It comes in two models–The BEAN and the T-coil BEAN.
The BEAN® can provide that one click of clarity. As a personal amplification device–also known as a Quiet Sound Amplifier–The BEAN features a built-in sensor that automatically adjusts to the surrounding noise level. It amplifies soft sounds, while keeping the volume steady on louder noises or even reducing it for extremely loud sounds such as fireworks or the strike of a drum. Moreover, it boosts soft high-pitched sounds heard in speech, which helps provide clarity for conversations, particularly in less-than-ideal listening environments.
The BEAN amplifies sounds and enhances your hearing experience so your conversations become more effective in the car, in social situations, and at a distance. It comes in two models–The BEAN and the T-coil BEAN.
The T-coil BEAN can be used with hearing-aid compatible telephones and loop systems. Loop systems take their name from a loop of wire that is placed around a room or large area. The loop sends an electromagnetic signal to the BEAN, which then changes that signal to sound. The benefits are improved hearing in reverberant conditions or when a talker is too far away to be heard clearly with amplification.
- Operates so smoothly it is almost undetectable
- Provides high-frequency amplified hearing for the soft sounds of speech
- Excellent speech intelligibility in both quiet and noisy conditions
- 2-position switch offers two levels of enhancement
- Loud sounds are heard naturally with no additional boost.
- Subtle, low-battery signal alerts user before the battery dies
- Long battery life (10-12 days) on a tiny cell
- Input Modes: Microphone
- Gain: LO (15 dB) - HI (23 dB)
- Signal Processing: Analog
- Compression: Type Wide Dynamic Range Adaptive Compression
- Maximum Output [LO]: 112.5 dB SPL
- Maximum Output [HI]: 115 dB SPL
- THD: 3%
- Battery Type: 10A zinc-air
- Battery Life: 10-12 days
- Battery Current (typ): 425 uA
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov