The Cyrus ONElinear is a premium loudspeaker system, which, whilst designed to perfectly augment the ONE Series amplifier systems, provides exemplary performance with a whole host of audio systems.
The ONElinear is engineered with a classically ‘British’ linear frequency response curve. The objective is complete neutrality, allowing the full character of the music to be revealed. A loudspeaker, however, can only be truly perfected if it is known which amplifier system will be driving it. In this case, the ONElinear has been optimized for use with our own hybrid Class D amplifier topologies.
ONElinear, whilst designed to work exceptionally well with our own amplification design, is a great loudspeaker by any standards. Often ‘linear’ or flat response loudspeakers can end up dull in execution, but we have focused on leading-edge detail.
Because of the speed and accuracy of these drive units, These are capable of a rare feat indeed – the ability to thrill and entertain for numerous hours on end – without any undue emphasis on bass or treble frequencies.
- The ONElinear bass/mid driver uses a double-wound copper-coated aluminium voice-coil. As well as being light, this produces a stronger induced magnetic field and hence ‘grip’ over hard to control bass frequencies. The voice coil is bonded to a carefully profiled KEVLAR cone material. This material is light and responsive, carrying limited inertia and retaining its shape and hence audio characteristic even when pushed hard. The speed and accuracy of the resulting bass response is remarkable for a speaker of the size.
- The ‘tweeter’ or treble unit is a textile soft-dome, capable of meaningful response well beyond the limits of human hearing. Refined and balanced, the high-frequencies are never ‘aggressive’ or harsh, yet retain the full detail of the source recording.
- The crossover uses high quality electrolytic capacitors to maintain the signal integrity and a smooth phase response through the transition from bass driver to tweeter. This again contributes the even response.
- The cabinet has been developed using advanced computer modelling with ‘Delayed Cumulative Spectral Analysis’ to reduce the contribution of cabinet noise to levels more than 35dB below the driver output. The same computer modelling is also used to fine tune the crossover to ensure a consistent performance, even when listening ‘off-axis’.
- The ONElinear is rear-ported and designed to be positioned between 10-30cm from a rear wall. This will optimise the bass response and mid-range clarity, although some experimentation with position is advised as this will be room-dependent.
- Nominal impedance – 8 Ω
- Sensitivity (2.83V@1m) – 86 dB
- Recommended amplifier power – 20 – 120 W
- Frequency response (±3dB) – 50Hz-24kHz
- Crossover frequency – 2.1kHz
- Cabinet volume – 11l
- Bass driver – 5” (125mm) Woven kevlar cone
- Treble driver – 1” (25mm) soft dome
- Dimensions (H x W x D) – 305 x 200 x 295 mm
- Net weight – 14 kg (per pair)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov