Coffee HDMI uses 10% silver-plated solid core conductors, but also introduces AudioQuest’s Dielectric-Bias System (DBS, US Pat #s 7,126,055 & 7,872,195 B1). DBS provides a drop in the perceived noise floor and an increase in dynamic contrast, preserving all the subtle nuances and textures of the audio signal.
- Solid 10% silver conductors
- Foamed-polyethylene insulation
- Carbon-based 3-layer noise-dissipation system
- Dielectric-bias system: AudioQuest’s DBS creates a strong, stable electrostatic field which saturates and polarizes (organizes) the molecules of the insulation. This minimizes both energy storage in the insulation and the multiple nonlinear time-delays that occur. Sound appears from a surprisingly black background with unexpected detail and dynamic contrast. The DBS battery packs will last for years. A test button and LED allow for the occasional battery check.
- High-speed data capacity
- Ethernet and audio-return-channel enabled