The result of 60 years of phono cartridge research and development, the AT-MC2022 offers cutting-edge technology for the analog audio aficionado. This innovative moving coil cartridge produces a sharp, vibrant soundscape that lets you hear – and feel – every detail of your music.
Unified Diamond Stylus-Cantilever
The highlight of the AT-MC2022 cartridge is its unified stylus-cantilever, formed from a single, lab-grown diamond. This unique construction eliminates the distortion caused by conventional bonding of stylus to cantilever, allowing for a purer transmission of the vibration from the record groove to the coils.
The Art of Analog
It is an honor to provide a quality audio experience to millions of people throughout the world. What begins as a simple vibration – a subtle movement – results in an emotional connection, whether that be when listening deeply to an album or sharing your voice with the world.
- Produces a sharp, vibrant soundscape that lets you hear – and feel – every detail of your music
- Integrated stylus and 0.22 mm cantilever, formed from a single lab-grown diamond, eliminates the distortion caused by conventional bonding for pure signal transmission and fast transient response
- The integrated diamond cantilever is lab-grown using CVD (chemical vapor deposition) process
- Body constructed of titanium and aluminum with an elastomer undercover to reduce undesirable resonance
- Utilizes a highly efficient magnetic circuit resulting in greater magnetic flux density and output voltage
- High-quality terminal pins (with gold plating that’s approximately 30 times thicker than on conventional pins) reduce contact resistance
- Black accents on cartridge body are inspired by traditional shippo enameling (Japanese cloisonné)
- Threaded cartridge mounting holes allow for easy installation to a headshell or integrated tonearm
- Comes with specially designed walnut storage case, featuring acrylic window with laser-engraved 60th anniversary logo and serial number. In addition, the packaging uses a traditional Japanese Echizen Washi paper.
- Hand crafted Ion plating that achieves both high durability and a stunning mirror finish
- Frequency Response: 20 to 50,000 Hz
- Channel Separation: 30 dB (1 kHz)
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 20°
- Vertical Tracking Force: 1.6 to 2.0 g (1.8 g standard)
- Stylus Construction: Unified line contact (integrated cantilever type)
- Recommended Load Impedance: ≥ 100 ohms (when head amplifier connected)
- Coil Impedance: 12 ohms (1 kHz)
- DC Resistance: 12 ohms
- Coil Inductance: 25 μH (1 kHz)
- Output Voltage: 0.55 mV (1 kHz, 5 cm/sec.)
- Output Channel Balance: 0.5 dB (1 kHz)
- Cantilever: 0.22 mm (0.0087") square diamond
- Static Compliance: 21 × 10-6 cm/dyne
- Dynamic Compliance: 15 × 10-6 cm/dyne (100 Hz)
- Cartridge Weight: 9.5 g (0.34 oz)
- Dimensions: 17.3 mm (0.68”) × 17.7 mm (0.70”) × 26.7 mm (1.1”) (H × W × D)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov